- This tin toy is not a children's toy as we define them today. Not safe you know. But definitely cute and funny.This is your chance to wax nostalgic with your child and introduce them to a toy from the past that is strictly mechanical. No batteries, no screen. A supervised social experiment. Winds up with furnished key and runs on the stored energy of a coiled spring.
6" Tall X 3-1/2" Wide
Painted stamped Steel
Hinged Flappy Fins
We know the heritage of these tin wind-up toys as we have warehoused them for about 25 years. They were produced on much older dies in China in the 1970's by The Castle in Pennsylvania. There was only one production run and sales were rather unexciting. So, being the scavengers we are, we bought all they had and have been slowly selling them out of our Olney store for all these years ( when I have a unique item, I am a very patient merchandiser they don't eat anything as they say).
- Shipping & Returns
- Shipping for U.S. Orders Only (excludes AK & HI)
- ALL orders of $50 or more are shipped FREE of charge. Nearly all orders (99%+) are processed and out for delivery in 1-2 business days.
- Orders under $50 are charged $9.99 for shipping AND HANDLING. D. Lawless employees must retrieve your order from our database, pick each product from our warehouses, and carefully package items for safe arrival. This costs time and money and is the reason we must charge $9.99. We break even on most of these orders due to our fantastic prices, but we are happy to do so to fill our customer's needs :)
Shipping for Express Orders, Alaska, Hawaii, & Outside the U.S.
- Please visit our shipping policy page here