BACK IN STOCK EARLY DEC 2016 CONTACT US FOR PRE ORDER
Fleur-de-Lis Satin Nickel Metal Knob
The Fleur de lis is simply French for “lily flower”. But the story of this stylized symbol is anything but simple. The fleur de lis has had wide appeal in artwork and symbolism since the earliest civilizations. For more about the fleur de lis click on the Technical tab.
- Fleur de lis: 2 1/2" x 1 3/4" (63.5 mm x 44.45 mm)
- Projection: 7/8" (22.23 mm)
- Color: Satin Nickel
Comes with 1 ea. 1" 8-32 machine screws.
If needed Order 8-32 screw length by Material Thickness + 1/4" for knob. For 3/4" wood use 1" screw.
D. Lawless Hardware
Shipping for U.S. Orders Only (excludes AK & HI)
Shipping for Express Orders, Alaska, Hawaii, & Outside the U.S.
- ALL orders of $50 or more are shipped FREE of charge. Nearly all orders (99%+) are processed and out for delivery in 1-2 business days.
- Orders under $50 are charged $10.75 for shipping AND HANDLING. D. Lawless employees must retrieve your order from our database, pick each product from our warehouses, and carefully package items for safe arrival. This costs time and money and is the reason we must charge $10.75. We break even on most of these orders due to our fantastic prices, but we are happy to do so to fill our customer's needs :)
- Please visit our shipping policy page here
The Fleur de lis is simply French for “lily flower”. But the story of this stylized symbol is anything but simple. The fleur de lis has had wide appeal in artwork and symbolism since the earliest civilizations. It is found in ancient Mesopotamian and Egyptian art works and potteries. Coins from Gaul and Marmaluk (no not Marmaduke the dog) bear the symbol. The fleur has been used as an ornament or symbol by practically all of the old and new worlds throughout history. The interpretation of its meaning has varied from culture to culture and across time, but it has for the most part been associated with power and royalty. Many of us who abhor the minute and boring details of history simply think of the fleur de lis as a French symbol of royal heritage representing Christianity and the divine right of Kings.
Or, moving to the “most of us category”, the fleur de lis represents or is associated with and lends its status to numerous organizations —many of them close to our hearts and loyalty. The New Orleans Saints football and Hornets basketball teams. The official state symbol of Louisiana since 2008. Corps of Cadets at LSU, St. Louis University, Washington U in Missouri, and more. The fleur de lis is the World Scout Emblem. The Air Force Blue Angels have a maneuver named after it. The symbol is all over the history of literature, from The Three Musketeers to The Da Vinci Code.