Also known as a Drop Flap Hinge
This is a must have hinge for the construction of drop-front panels and anywhere a flush mount hinge is needed to stop at 180 degrees so surfaces are flush with each other
Closed position is 90 degrees
Mount this hinge by boring a 1-3/16" hole 1/2" deep using a Fostener bit or a router. Bore a 1-3/16" x 1/8" place for the flap side.
This hinge is most commonly seen on computer desks with a drop-down drawer front where the keyboard drawer pulls out
Installation of this hinge is not an amateur job
- Flap Centers: 7/8" two holes and 5/8" middle hole to side hole
- Flap Dimensions 1-3/16" x 7/8"
- Total Dimensions: 1-7/8" open width overall
- Base Dimensions 1-3/16" x 1/2"
- Finish: Antique Copper
PLEASE NOTE: This hinge is designed to fit in a fostener drilled flat bottom recess 1-3/16" Diameter for a tight fit in 3/4" wood thickness. A longer screw will not work unless your wood is thicker. If you will notice, the screws go in at an angle and not straight through. The design behind this is that when the hinge is slipped into the recess(which must be a pretty tight fit) then the screws go in at an angle and hold it in place by a wedging effect. This allows it to be secured and still remain usable in a 3/4" board. It is difficult to install so we do mention that it " is not an an amateur job" D. Lawless Hardware
Shipping & returns
- ALL orders of $50 or more are shipped FREE of charge. Nearly all orders (99%+) are processed and out for delivery in 1-2 business days.
- Orders under $50 are charged $9.99 for shipping AND HANDLING. D. Lawless employees must retrieve your order from our database, pick each product from our warehouses, and carefully package items for safe arrival. This costs time and money and is the reason we must charge $9.99. We break even on a lot of these orders due to our fantastic prices, but we are happy to do so to fill our customer's needs :)
Shipping for Express Orders & Outside the U.S.
- Please visit our shipping policy page here